Friday, 2 November 2007
Sydney Children’s comes out a winner at NSW Health Awards
Sydney Children’s Hospital (SCH) came out on top at the recent NSW Health Awards, winning the coveted Best Performance for 2006/2007 Award in the Principal Referral and Specialist Hospital category.
Of the 17 Hospitals to be eligible for this Award, SCH ranked first for four out of eight measures, and in the top three for a further two measures – an outstanding result.
SCH Executive Director, Professor Les White praised the efforts of all the staff at SCH. “This outstanding achievement results from a combination of hard work, professionalism and passion demonstrated every day by the team at SCH, said Prof White.
“As a tertiary referral hospital we attend to some of the most complex patients from NSW and beyond. To have our performance stand out and be recognised in this way is an amazing achievement and something we should all be proud of,” he said.
Indicators used to assess performance for 2006/2007 performance awards were:
· Off stretcher time: under 30 mins
· Emergency Department (ED) cases treated within benchmark time (%) - Triage 3
· Emergency admission from ED within 8 hours (%) Overall; mental health
· Overdues over 30 days (% of surgical separations)
· Long waits over 12 months (% of surgical separations)
· Avoidable hospital admissions (% of medical separations)
· Falls in hospitals (rate per 1,000 bed days)
For more information on the NSW Health Awards see: http://www.archi.net.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0018/50742/2007_winners_finalists_complete.pdf
For Further Information Contact:
Poppy Diamantis, Public Affairs Manager Tel: 9382 3571 - Mob: 0411 730 842
Back to Media Release Listing »